Here are a few suggestions from our experts for those seeking the answer to the above question…
- The venue – without a doubt, the venue where you say your vows and the reception is two of the most expensive parts of your nuptial. More often than not, if you want to cut down a little on the expense, you might have to go through a very long waiting period; sometimes as long as almost a year. To avoid overspending for the vows at least, consider if you have any venue that you can convert into a wedding venue. A family farm, a cottage with a private beach, a public park that is a little remote or private; anything will work. If you can get the permission, you’ll have your own version of a destination wedding.
- The cake and the food – the cake plays a big part in any wedding reception. To reduce the costs but still not cut down on the impressiveness, think your cake design through. “Naked cakes” are becoming very popular now-a-days; as people have figured a mouthful of fondant icing isn’t the best feeling. If you really want to ice your cake, consider getting butter cream instead of fondant. If you want flowers in your cake, either select simple flowers (that won’t take much to create; and won’t cost much either) or use fresh flowers instead. Trust us, real flowers look just as impressive as any sugar flower.
- The music and the entertainment – entertaining your guests is a responsibility that you can’t get away with. From a wedding band Brisbane price for the walk down the isle, to the background music while your guests eat and socialize, this plays a large part in filling in the gaps of your marriage. To cut down costs, consider hiring a local band that is still to make it big. If you want a little more that just the instruments, look for singers or bands that do covers of famous songs.
- The wedding photos and the hashtags – having cover bands performing at your wedding might keep your guests occupied, and even make it entertaining for them. But if you really want to make things impressive, entertaining and memorable, consider turning towards your photographer. Make your own photo booth with their help. Have plenty of props and consider making your own wedding hashtag. Trust us, if you’re creative with your props, even this silly selfie tradition can turn to something bigger and more impressive; without emptying your wallet.
- The invitations to your wedding – the first thing that people “see” of your wedding; is your invitation. Sending it the traditional way can definitely impress your guestsbut it can get a little expensive. Consider sending them a video invitation instead. Yes, this might not sit too well with the older and more traditional guests; but it’s your call.